http://uneteygana.net/bigpro/01/woodworking/
Wood Profits Banner

domingo, 16 de junio de 2019

Assuming You Need A Large Space For Your Shop

 

Don't be discouraged if you do not have adequate space.

The smallest functioning shop I've seen is 36 square feet. It consists of a "workbench" that stands18 inches tall. So, you could setup a shop and start woodworking if you have more space than 36 square feet!

Photo of the 36 Square Feet Shop

I would recommend going for 10x18 if you do have more than 36 square feet of space.

Why that dimension?

Personally, I like to have enough space to be able to cut a 4'x 8' sheet of plywood or medium-density fiberboard (MDF).I need 8' of clearance for the blade on my table saw and 8' of clearance behind it.

Most big box retailers who carry lumber, such as Home Depot or Lowe's, will do some cutting for you. I have used those services, but I really prefer to buy my sheet goods as full sheets.

One thing that makes any shop a little more user-friendly is to have your major equipment "moveable." This is a requirement if you have your shop in a garage, sharing space with the family vehicles. It is useful, too, in the basement if your basement is crowded. At a minimum, I recommend having a mobile table saw. 

For such space spaces, it would be ideal to have a 4-in-1 type of workstation that maximizes the use of your space.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario